Full-time, third shift security officer position in West Dover. Military, law enforcement or security experience preferred. Interested candidates please contact (888) 363-8200. 10/8
Part-time year-round help wanted. Busy resort community seeks front desk staff to greet and assist people, answer phones, light office duties, hourly facility checks. Good communication and customer service skills required. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to work night shift (until 7 pm during off-season) and weekends. Contact Lynn for more details and to apply (802) 464-0259. 10/1
Rental technician needed for the winter season. Prior experience in ski / snowboard rental environment preferred. Must work well with others. Sales experience welcome! Flexible hours. Free skiing privileges and competitive pay for the right person. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 10/22
The Whitingham Free Public Library is seeking a Youth Services Librarian. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and creative, and will love working with teens and children. A background in early childhood literacy, knowledge of children’s literature and a passion for reading is helpful, as is previous library experience. Reliable transportation and willingness to travel is a must. This position is for 10-plus hours per week including weekends and some evenings. The pay starts at $11 per hour. Job applications will be accepted through October 20. Please email a letter of interest and resume to Library Director, email@example.com. 10/8
Families First serves children and adults with special needs. We are seeking a full-time service coordinator. We require interested candidates to hold a bachelor’s degree. A full-time service coordinator will hold a caseload of adults and children with a developmental disability. The service coordinator will maintain a warm, knowledgeable relationship with a client and his/her family. Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: maintaining necessary paperwork, having a basic understanding of Medicaid funding processes, hiring/training/supervising of direct care staff, helping Families First clients achieve the highest level of independence, and maintaining our organizational culture. This is a full-time, benefited position, based in Wilmington. Please submit your resume either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at our Wilmington office, Iocated at 34 East Main Street. Interested parties should submit their resume for consideration by October 15. EOE. 10/1
Help wanted- Office assistant with bookkeeping experience, part-time (15 to 20 hours a week), up to $15 per based on qualifications, (802) 464-0460 for more information. 10/1
Dishwasher and line-cook positions available. Must be reliable. Contact Susan or Jeff to apply. (802) 464-2112. 10/1
Deerfield Valley Senior Meal Site in Jacksonville is looking for a dishwasher-assistant cook. This is a part-time position, three days a week, approximately six hours a day. The position involves set- up for Meals on Wheels program and assisting the cook in various jobs for the daily lunch. Looking for someone who works well with others and is good at detailed cleaning. Call (802) 368-7567 for more information. This is a program of Senior Solutions of Vermont. CB
Help wanted- Kingsley Plumbing and Heating is looking for a helper/apprentice. Willing to train. Pay based on experience. Must be responsible, have reliable transportation, and must have a valid driver’s license. Call Robin at (802) 464-2374 or stop by the office at 19 Haystack Road to pick up an application. 10/8
Mount Snow Academy actively seeks teachers for Spanish, upper level math, and chemistry. Depth in subject area is important. Please email resume immediately to email@example.com. 10/1
Help wanted- Housekeeper. Reliable and responsible. Flexible hours. Reliable transportation. (802) 464-8824. 10/1
Help wanted- Housekeeper. Experienced with reliable transportation. Call Allen at (802) 464-1482. 10/8
Art business associate wanted - 3,000 sq. ft. gallery. 75 paintings, original, reproductions, collectables, gifts. West Dover location. Must be experienced. Call (800) 650-2273. CB
Busy real estate office looking for part-time front desk help for weekends. Good people skills required and computer experience. Call (802) 464-1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume. CB
Items for Sale
Tempur-Pedic adjustable king-size bed for sale. Like new, smoke- free home, remote and paperwork included. Asking $600. Call (802) 258-0676. 10/8
For sale- All kinds of nails and screws, copper top bar, old barn boards, Bowflex. Call (802) 464-4772, (802) 380-4112. 10/1
Tools for sale- Craftsman table saw, $250; Delta 12” planer-stand with wheels and two spare knives included, $175; Ryobi 10” drill press-stand with wheels included, $75; Craftsman jointer/planer-stand and two push blocks included, $150; Porter Cable router table-stand with wheels included, $75. Call (802) 896-6846. 10/1
For Sale- Four-drawer locking file cabinet, $20; small microwave oven, $10; Jack LaLanne juicer, $75; tire chains, $20 per set (two sets); driveway plow markers, $2 each; 220 electric garage heater, $100; 4’ x 8’ tilt snowmobile trailer, $100. (802) 464-1482. 10/8
Vermont Gun Show
October 3 to 4 at the Chester American Legion Post 67
Route 103 Chester, VT 05143
Saturday 9 am to 5 pm and
Sunday 9 am to 3 pm
Cost $ 7
Do Yourself a Favor! Redeem your Vermont returnable cans and bottles at D & K's Redemption Center, Route 30, Jamaica, VT. Open 10 am to 4 pm everyday except closed Monday-Tuesday. Easy access with drive-up windows and doors for easy unloading. No limits. Also, bottle drives welcome. Call (802) 874-4160. CB
Storage units for rent. Variety of sizes. Wilmington, Route 100 location. Call Randy at (802) 464-3388, ext. 112. CE
Deerfield Valley Mini-Storage. 5'x10', 10'x15' and 10'x20' bays in Wilmington. (802) 464-8632. CB
Office with private waiting room and bath, $445 per month. Shared waiting room with private bath, $395 per month. Heat and electric included in both. Cleos LLC. (802) 464-5295. 10/1
Mount Snow Market Place has office space for rent. On the Valley Trail, MOOver stop, snow removal contractor on premises, short- or long-term lease. Call Adam at (802) 464-7771. CB
real estate for sale
Beautiful three-bedroom home. Two acres, garden space, fruit trees, totally renovated, move-in condition, minutes to Mount Snow. $149,000. $14,000 a year for school choice. Call for showing at (802) 779-1032. 10/1
Best view in Wilmington. Expandable two-bedroom with full drive-in basement. Wood heat and alternative heat. Six private acres, $240,000. Cleos LLC. (802) 464-5295. 10/1
For sale by owner, four-bedroom, three-bath colonial, located in Edwards Village, West Dover, on river-front acre-plus lot. 3,000 square feet of living area, $299,000. Call owner, (802) 258-0182. CB
rooms for rent
Red Oak Inn- Route 100 on MOOver route. Nightly/weekly furnished rooms. Reasonably priced. Common kitchen/living room/ game rooms with fireplace. Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini-fridge, three miles from Mount Snow. Call (802) 464-8817, email@example.com. CB
The Readsboro Inn has newly renovated rooms for rent. Just $75/night with weekly and monthly rates available. Free Wi-Fi and coffee. Restaurant and bar open Wednesday to Sunday. www.readsboroinn.com (802) 423-7077, firstname.lastname@example.org. CB
Available immediately. Charming studio, efficiency apartment, fully furnished $600 monthly. All utilities included. One-month deposit required. MOOver route. Single occupancy preferred. No smoking. (802) 780-7555. 10/1
Two-bedroom apartment available at Sadawga Springs in Whitingham. Rent is $595 and includes heat, hot water, snow and trash removal. Off-street parking and laundry on site. For more information call (802) 257-7616 or download an application at www.stewartproperty.net. Applicants must be income eligible. 10/1
South Wardsboro, nice mobile home, two-bedroom with two covered porches off quiet country town road on private property. Includes garden space, shed, snow plowing, and some lawn care. No smoking, no washer and dryer, pet maybe. $700 per month plus utilities; first, last, and security deposit and reference check. Call (802) 896-6136. 10/15
Wilmington and East Dover, one- to three-bedroom units available now. One-bedrooms starting at $700 per month. Call (802) 339-0070 or email Vtgetaways@aol.com. CB
TK Properties - Solid, nice, heat- included, affordable apartments. We have a brand new awesome one-bedroom with deck over river. Two-bedrooms and two great one-bedrooms in various sizes for rent. Rents $650 to $900. Includes heat! These will not last long. Call and fill out an application today! (917) 693-1425. CB
Exceptionally nice, one-bedroom in Wilmington. Ultra-efficient gas heat. Washer and dryer connections. Cleos LLC. (802) 464-5295. 10/15
Long-and short-term rentals, seasonal, year-round, commercial rentals. Contact Janet (802) 464-5618, Boyd Real Estate (802) 464-5957, email email@example.com, visit www.BoydRealEstateVT.com. CB
FINAL PUBLIC HEARING
Application # DR-PG-2012-
The Town of Wilmington received $68,182 from the State of Vermont for a grant under the Vermont Community Development Program. A public hearing will be held at Wilmington Town Office Meeting Room on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 6 pm to obtain the views of citizens on community development, to furnish information concerning the range of community development activities that have been undertaken under this program, and to give affected citizens the opportunity to examine a statement of the use of these funds. The VCDP Funds received have been used to accomplish the following activities:
Hired a consulting firm, Breadloaf Corporation, to complete a feasibility study on co-relocating the Wilmington Fire and Police Departments out of the flood zone.
A local committee was formed to further research the possibilities that were presented in the Breadloaf Presentation.
Information on this project may be obtained from and viewed during the hours of 8 am-4:30 pm at Wilmington Town Offices on 2 East Main St in Wilmington, VT. Should you require any special accommodations please contact Gretchen Havreluk at (802) 464-8591 ext 117 to ensure proper accommodations are made. For the hearing impaired please call (TTY) #1-800-253-0191.
Legislative Body for the Town of
NOTICE OF HEARING
Town of Wilmington
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD
Interested parties may be required to participate in this hearing before appealing any decision in court. Notice is hereby given by the Development Review Board that a Hearing will be held in the Wilmington Town Office at 2 East Main Street on: October 19, 2015 at 6 pm, at which time the Board will hear all interested persons in the following matters:
Application # 2015-097: Owner; St. John Family, LLC. Agent; Family Dollar Stores of Vermont, Inc. Application is being made to amend the previous Application # 2010-027 to extend the hours of operation. Village zoning district: Section 320; location: 53 East Main Street.
Application # 2015-098; Owner; Mary & George Suddell. Application is being made to construct a roof over an existing second floor balcony. Historic review (Village zoning district) Sections 610 & 620; 5 North Main Street.
MORTGAGEE’S NOTICE OF FORECLOSURE SALE OF REAL PROPERTY UNDER 12 V.S.A. sec 4952 et seq.
As ordered by the Court set forth below and in connection with a certain mortgage given by Nicholas Jordan Hammer and Emily Hammer to Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., as nominee for MetLife Home Loans, a Division of MetLife Bank, National Association, its successors and assigns, dated July 26, 2011 and recorded in Book 58 Page 571 of the land records of the Town of Halifax, of which mortgage the Plaintiff is the present holder. In accordance with the Judgment Order and Decree of Foreclosure entered January 28, 2015 in the action entitled JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association v Nicholas Jordan Hammer and Emily Hammer., by the Windham Unit, Civil Division, Vermont Superior Court, Docket No. 480-10-14 wncv for breach of the conditions of said mortgage and for the purpose of foreclosing the same will be sold at Public Auction at 921 Hanson Road, West Halifax, Vermont on October 15, 2015 at 10:00 am all and singular the premises described in said mortgage,
Being all and the same lands and premises conveyed to Nicholas Hammer and Emily Hammer by Warranty Deed of Thomas P. Donnachie and Judith Donnachie dated July ______, 2011, recorded in Book ____ page _____ of the Halifax Land Records and more particularly described as follows:
Being all and the same lands and premises conveyed to Thomas P. Donnachie and Judith Donnachie by Warranty Deed of Keith Edward Prillip and Renee Marie Prilipp, f/k/a Renee Marin Cain dated October 14, 2005, recorded in Book 52 page 17 of the Halifax Land Records and more particularly described therein as follows:
Being all and the same land and premises conveyed to the Grantors herein, Keith Edward Prillip and Renee Marie Prillip, by Warranty Deed of Keith Edward Prillip dated August 1, 1995 and recorded in Book 41 at Page 182 of the Halifax Land Records, and in which the subject premises are more particularly described as follows:
“Being all the same land and premises conveyed to Keith E. Prillip by Administrator’s Deed of Leonard H. Derby, Administrator of the Estate of Eloise N. Booker dated 14 August 1987 and recorded in Book 34 Page 489-490 of the Halifax Land Records, more particularly described as follows:
“Being all and the same premises conveyed to Alton L. Booker and Eloise N. Booker, husband and wife by Warranty Deed of Donald D. Cael dated January 16, 1965 recorded in the Land Records of the Town of Halifax, the said Alton L. Booker having predeceased the said Eloise N. Booker, and in said deed described as follows:
“Beginning at an iron pin marking the southeasterly corner of the premises hereby conveyed and the northeasterly corner of lands now of John Barmen and others on the westerly side on Hanson’s Road; thence northwesterly on Hanson’s Road Two Hundred Fifty (250) feet to a new iron pin; thence northwesterly Five Hundred (500) feet to a new iron pin and a corner; thence southwesterly Two Hundred Fifty (250) feet to lands of said John Barmen and others; thence southeasterly along lands of said John Barmen and others Five Hundred (500) feet to the place of beginning, containing by estimation slightly less than three (3) acres of land.
“Being the southeasterly portion of the premises described as Parcel One in Warranty Deed of said Booker and wife to said Cael, of even date herewith.”
Reference is hereby made to the above instruments and to the records and references contained therein in further aid of this description.
Terms of sale: Said premises will be sold and conveyed subject to all liens, encumbrances, unpaid taxes, tax titles, municipal liens and assessments, if any, which take precedence over the said mortgage above described.
TEN THOUSAND ($10,000.00) Dollars of the purchase price must be paid in cash, certified check, bank treasurer’s or cashier’s check at the time and place of the sale by the purchaser. The balance of the purchase price shall be paid in cash, certified check, bank treasurer’s or cashier’s check within thirty (30) days after the date of sale.
The mortgagor is entitled to redeem the premises at any time prior to the sale by paying the full amount due under the mortgage, including the costs and expenses of the sale.
Other terms to be announced at the sale.
DATED : September 14, 2015
By: /s/: Valerie A. Finney, Esq.
Valerie A. Finney, Esq.
Bendett and McHugh, PC
270 Farmington Ave., Ste. 151
Farmington, CT 06032
(860) 606-1021 10/1
NOTICE OF TAX SALE
Town Of Dover
The resident and non-resident owners, lienholders and mortgagees of property in the Town of Dover, in the County of Windham and State of Vermont are hereby notified that the taxes assessed for such town remain either in whole or in part unpaid on the following described lands in such town, to wit:
1. Being lands and premises known as 17 Stugger Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number SR012) conveyed to Anthony H. Bonazzo, II by Warranty Deed of Caplan Quality Construction, Inc., dated October 21, 1997 and recorded October 22, 1997 at Book 156, Page 284 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
2. Being lands and premises known as 30 Snow Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number SN019) conveyed to Steven Boos by the following conveyances:
a. Warranty Deed of Kenneth P. Boos dated April 20, 1991 and recorded May 13, 1991 at Book 120, Page, 567 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records;
b. Warranty Deed of Carolyn B. Brown, f/k/a Carolyn B. Boos dated November 19, 1990 and recorded on May 13, 1991 at Book 120, Page 569 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records; and
c. Warranty Deed of Kenneth P. Boos dated April 20, 1991 and recorded May 13, 1991 at Book 120, Page, 571 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records;
3. Being lands and premises known as 8 Ahmeek Road, a/k/a Ahmeek Village Unit # 9 (Dover Grand List Parcel number AM009) conveyed to Danny Bullock by Warranty Deed of Anthony Giaramita dated May 29, 2009 and recorded on May 29, 2009 in Book 286, Page 638 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
4. Being lands and premises known as 58 Negus Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number NR006) conveyed to Garrett P. Chardon by Quit Claim Deed of Darlene M. Edwards dated October 18, 2011 and recorded at Book 305, Page 345 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
5. Being lands and premises known as 235 Blue Brook Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number AL115) conveyed to Ronald Dobson by Warranty Deed of Ronald Dobson and Holly A. Dobson, dated May 4, 2009 and recorded April 15, 2011 at Book 301, Page 474 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
6. Being lands and premises known as 64 Villager Loop (Dover Grand List Parcel number DB121 & DB122) conveyed to Kirk Isaacson by Warranty Deed of James M. Lee, surviving Trustee of the Leisure II Realty Trust, dated September 30, 2009 and recorded October 2, 2009 at Book 290, Page 149 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records and as conveyed to by Warranty Deed of Joseph Mahon a/k/a Joe Mahon dated February 22, 2010 and recorded on February 23, 2010 at Book 293, Page 149 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
7. Being lands and premises known as 7 Summit Meadows Lane (Dover Grand List Parcel number SY021) conveyed to Kevin F. Joyce and Virginia B. Joyce by Warranty Deed of Daniel Faughnan and Theresa Faughnan, dated July 1, 1999 and recorded July 2, 1999 at Book 173, Page 91 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
8. Being lands and premises known as 3 Margit Ridgway Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number SR006-R) conveyed to Lair Properties, LLC by Warranty Deed of John J. Ridgway (a/k/a Jack Ridgway) and Margit Ridgway, dated October 25, 2004 and recorded November 1, 2004 at Book 267, Page 681 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
9. Being lands and premises known as 2 Margit Ridgway Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number SR001-R) conveyed to Lair Resorts, LLC by Warranty Deed of John Ridgway and Margit Ridgway, dated October 25, 2004 and recorded November 1, 2004 at Book 267, Page 689 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
10. Being lands and premises known as 198 Blue Brook Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number AL102) conveyed to Robert M. Mason by Warranty Deed of Stoyan Christowe and Margaret Christowe, dated October 10, 1987 and recorded June 16, 1988 at Book 99, Page 593 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
11. Being lands and premises known as 3A Townhouse Square, a/k/a Seasons Unit #T-10 (Dover Grand List Parcel number FST10) conveyed to Michael Mazzeo by Apartment Unit Deed of Season Associates, dated July 6, 1990 and recorded July 11, 1990 at Book 116, Page 13 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
12. Being lands and premises known as 4 Johnson Hills Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number DW071) conveyed to Frank Meehan and Katherine Santomero-Meehan by Warranty Deed of Robert Edsel Holstrom, dated July 18, 2006 and recorded July 20, 2006 at Book 262, Page 678 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
13. Being lands and premises known as 43 Carinthia Road, a/k/a Stugger sub-lot #16 (Dover Grand List Parcel number CA016) conveyed to Melissa Mohring n/k/a Melissa Mulvey by Quit Claim Deed of HWH Partnership, LP, dated July 1, 2009 and recorded July 9, 2009 at Book 287, Page 687 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
14. Being lands and premises known as 494 Goose City Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number GC008) conveyed to Joyce Somers Mundell by Quit Claim Deed of Joyce Somers Mundell and Sherri J. Mundell dated October 16, 1989 and recorded October 20, 1989 at Book 111, Page 593 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
15. Being lands and premises known as 145 Route 100 (Dover Grand List Parcel number RT059) conveyed to Sanpete, LLC by Foreclosure Deed of TD Bank, N.A. dated January 5, 2011 and recorded February 4, 2011 at Book 300, Page 77 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
16. Being lands and premises known as 100 Dorr Fitch Road (Dover Grand List Parcel number DO007) conveyed to David B. Sherwood by Warranty Deed of Nicholas J. Palermo dated August 18, 2005 and recorded August 23, 2005 at Book 252, Page 613 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
17. Being lands and premises known as 22 Buckboard Drive a/k/a Dover Hills #111W (Dover Grand List Parcel number DW111) conveyed to Frederick M. Weller and Ruth M. Weller by Warranty Deed of Vermont Lumber Corporation dated January 29, 1969 and recorded February 4, 1969 at Book 25, Page 91 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
18. Being lands and premises known as 50 Ellis Brook Road a/k/a Dover Hills #9W (Dover Grand List Parcel number DW009) conveyed to Alice R. Worthley and Nancy Lee Kopeland by Warranty Deed of Vermont Lumber Corporation dated September 7, 1968 and recorded September 12, 1968 at Book 24, Page 307 of the Dover, Vermont Land Records.
And pursuant to 32 V.S.A § 5254, such property will be sold at public auction at the Dover Town Office, a public place located at 102 Route 100 in West Dover, Vermont on the 30th day of October, 2015, at 9 am, to discharge such taxes with costs unless previously paid.
Dated at Dover, Vermont this 18th day of September, 2015.
Mary Lou Raymo
Collector of Delinquent Taxes
Town of Dover.